engineer, researcher, etc.
News and Blog posts
- 04.08.13 I got my Ph.D. from OSU, and started working at Google
- 23.05.13 Quick data mining on proceedings of a conference
- 21.05.13 Towards a Personalized, Scalable, and Exploratory Academic Recommendation Service, was accepted to ASONAM'13
- 17.05.13 How to setup your personal GitHub page using Jekyll, Bootstrap, MathJax, and some other Liquid plugins
- 09.04.13 TheAdvisor: A Webservice for Academic Recommendation, poster was accepted to JCDL'13
- 20.03.13 Fast Recommendation on Bibliographic Networks with Sparse Matrix Ordering and Partitioning, was accepted to SNAM
- 08.02.13 Diversified Recommendation on Graphs: Pitfalls, Measures, and Algorithms, was accepted to WWW'13
- 25.01.13 Result diversification in automatic citation recommendation, was accepted to iConference Workshop
- 27.09.12 Technical report on Diversifying Citation Recommendations
- 29.06.12 Direction Awareness in Citation Recommendation, was accepted to DBRank'12
- 21.05.12 A Comparative Analysis of Biclustering Algorithms for Gene Expression Data, was accepted to Briefings in Bioinformatics
- 20.05.12 Fast Recommendation on Bibliographic Networks, was accepted to ASONAM'12
- 30.04.12 Visualization feature for theadvisor service
- 22.03.12 Our paper, venue, reviewer recommendation service, theadvisor, is ONLINE!
Hello, I’m Onur Kucuktunc, currently a Software Engineer at Google.
I got my Ph.D. in August 2013 from Computer Science and Engineering department at The Ohio State University. I’m current working with Umit V. Catalyurek at HPC Lab of Biomedical Informatics department. I received my B.S. and M.S. degrees from Computer Engineering department of Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey in 2007 and 2009, respectively.
Research interests. similarity and diversity search; citation analysis; recommendation; sentiment analysis; opinion retrieval; video copy detection
If you are a Turkish student and a newcomer in Columbus, check out my guide, Yeni Gelecekler ve/veya İlk Günkü Heyecanını Koruyanlar için The Ohio State University ve Amerika Kılavuzu.
I was keeping a technology blog 5-6 years ago, called AçıkBilgi, which was a little popular that time (around 200 visitor per day, it was also featured in a Turkish TV program). Although it has been quite a while since I lost its domain name with all of its content, I was able to retrieve at least my entries. Since then I’ve been trying to bring back those writings and add them to a tumblr blog: acikbilgi.tumblr.com.